The Children’s Justice Center is buzzing! We recently improved the landscaping, and soon will start a large plumbing project and an outdoor area for residents. We completed our CARF accreditation 2023 with flying colors. We again achieved the highest level of accreditation! Some of the findings highlighted by the accreditation team include:
- Excellent leadership team, strategic planning, and stable care with stellar business functions and service delivery.
- It is clear that human resource staff members are subject matter experts and focused on compliance.
- The organization has an excellent, well-rounded performance improvement system. Meaningful and relevant strategic and performance improvement goals and objectives are established, tracked, and evaluated.
- The organization provides a therapeutic, healthy environment that is welcoming for persons served, personnel, and stakeholders. The site appears safe, attractive, and regularly updated. It also includes energy efficient features.
- The leadership upholds the values of the organization and is committed to restoring a sense of hope. The delivery of clinical services is rooted in evidenced based practices and trauma-informed care that are highly individualized, and strength based.
- The leadership is proactive regarding safety and risk management.
The Center is growing, developing, and thriving. See our website for open positions. We are grateful for our employees and continue to recognize and enhance wellbeing. The Restorative Justice Program and Family Treatment Court Program are operational and serving consumers. We have added additional therapists to meet the growing needs in the County for Behavioral Health Services. We collaborated with a transportation service to reduce barriers for service and access. Our group home reached full capacity, and this highlights the need for adolescent substance use treatment in this county and in the country!
Plans are underway and we are looking forward to our 25th anniversary next year!
We strive to embrace unity and take action assisting individuals and families to enhance our community through respect and dignity. Through a trauma-informed lens, leadership seeks to improve outcomes with collaborative approaches. Leadership seeks to improve outcomes with a collaborative approach to address violence, rights, and responsibilities, substance use, racial equality, and restorative justice. The center recognizes that life in balance is wellness physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.