The Gary E. Miller Canadian County Children's Justice Center is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Title of position: Therapist
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services that include screening, assessment, intake, treatment plan development and psychotherapy for mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Provides mental health and/or substance use individual, family and group counseling services as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains clinical records in accordance with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of all current policies and procedures of the agency.
- Participates in case staffing with specified treatment teams.
- Completes and submits all required case documentation within the specified timeframe as per agency policy.
- Is responsible for providing coverage of the program’s 24-hour on-call crisis intervention services on a rotating schedule with other staff therapists.
- Maintains a caseload as assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in quarterly quality case reviews of client files.
- Participates in monthly clinical supervision with the Assistant Director of Behavioral Health and/or designee.
- Comes to work on a regular full-time basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for position:
- Individual must have a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field
- Individual must be licensed or be qualified to be under supervision for licensure in the state of Oklahoma as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor/Mental Health (LADC/MH) or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Behavioral Practitioner (LBP), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with at least 10 hours of documented training in the area of addiction and its treatment.
- Must pass a background check
Reports directly to Assistant Director of Behavioral Health.
Skills and knowledge required:
Should be familiar with the principles of mental health and substance use screenings and assessments as well as basic treatment modalities with individuals, families and groups; should be familiar with the admission, treatment and discharge planning processes as well as how to complete related documentation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as well as basic computer skills.
Prior experience preferred:
One year of prior work experience is preferred; work may be salaried or volunteer experience
- Individual should have sufficient interpersonal skills to work closely with professional peers and clients and the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Amount of travel and other special conditions or requirements:
- Travel may be required in order to obtain job-related training
Hours per day or week:
Forty hours weekly; position requires some evening hours and/or weekends
All job candidates must pass an OSBI background check and a drug screening. A good driving record is required for many positions. Most jobs also require that the employee be at least 21 years old. We offer an excellent benefit package and a competitive pay structure. Full-time employees receive county-paid insurance and participate in the state employees retirement plan. All interested applicants can utilize the application form link herein (directly below in yellow). For consideration, please submit your resume and/or application via email to HR@canadiancounty.org.
(fill this out in internet explorer only, google chrome will not print or save what you enter)
CCCJC is an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco-free facility.